Monday, February 1, 2016

January 26, 2016: THAT is sun. Beautiful sun.

Ahhhh!! Do you see that?!!! Blue!!! Is this really happening!?! Hallelujah! (sung. Obviously.)

These are just a few things I heard yelled (mostly by teachers) when we stepped outside for recess today. Friends, it had been raining FOR SO LONG.  Or at least gray, but mostly just nasty, sideways rain.  I glanced around and kids (KIDS! Crazy, energetic, kids) were just standing in the sun, soaking it up.  There was a faint rainbow in the distance.  I had two kids ask me if they could have permission to go hunt for the gold and were legitimately upset when I said it was fine as long as they stayed on the playground to do so. Like I was an idiot to think the gold would be on the playground and a beastly human for not allowing them to run miles away to get it.  Best 10 minutes of recess duty in a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment