Monday, February 29, 2016

February 26, 2016: The Flats

Tonight Catie and I drove out to the Flats for a clothing pop up (those are big here. Very few places to shop...) For those of you who don't live in Kodiak, Bells Flats is an area of Kodiak 30 mins or so outside of town.  Someone here once described it to me as a place to live "if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Kodiak."

No comment.  

I have been to the Flats before, but for some reason, this time it was a little more eventful.  Maybe it was because it was a Friday, and after a long week we get slaphappy due to exhaustion.  Catie and I did a terrible job of looking up directions so we drove about a half mile down a two- track type road before coming to a blocked off barrier.  The only thing I could do was drive in reverse down this twisty, winding, ditch on both sides full of rain water road until I found a spot to turn around.  We found a spot and got back on the right track.  Then we spotted this gem of a house that just screams backwoods Alaska.  
Those are skulls lining the roof.  

No comments:

Post a Comment