Sunday, February 7, 2016

February 4, 2016: publishing party

We had an awesome publishing party in my classroom today.  The kids worked hard on writing personal narratives.  We invited different classes in to read our stories. The parents came, we had special snacks, the kids wore cool ribbons, and they loved it. I was so impressed by how the older kids encouraged my young writers.  I remember hearing a third grader telling one of my kids, "wow, your details are so good."  This was to one of my kids who really struggles in writing. The look on his face was one of the best parts of my week.  He was so proud in that moment, and I am so thankful for that third grader. It was a great moment. 

I took lots of pictures of my kids, but I can't share them with you. Imagine six year olds with huge smiles, crinkled paper awards hanging from their shirts, holding up handwritten books illustrated in crayon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment