Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 5, 2017: Alaska Alive

I am taking a class called Alaska Alive.  It's a required course for teachers who want to renew their Alaska teaching license.  It's self paced and online, so I am naturally not doing too well.  However, this past assignment was to learn about the land in your geographic area.  We had to go for a walk and document the plants, animals, and landforms we saw.  This was possibly the best assignment I have ever had to complete.

I went for a walk at Termination Point.  I have hiked out here too many times to count, but I realized I had never done the hike in the winter.  It was really exciting to see a familiar place in a new light.  If you would like more details about the things I learned, you can request a copy of the paper I wrote.


No comments:

Post a Comment