Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 1, 2017: Career Day

We have been celebrating Dr. Seuss this week.  Which means I have tons of really adorable pictures of my students, but I obviously can't share any of them here.  Today we read the book "Oh the Places You'll Go," and the students got to come dressed as their dream profession.  Yesterday, one of my students told me that she was going to come to school dressed as me, because she wants to be a teacher just like me when she grows up.  Naturally, we coordinated outfits so that we would match today.  We both wore black pants, lanyards, and purple sweaters.  I let her wear my glitter gold fanny pack the entire day, and she just about died from excitement.  It was very adorable and very flattering.  She's a sweet kid.  We had kids dressed up as FBI agents, scientists, businessmen, pop stars, horse trainers, and policemen.  We even had a girl come dressed up as a pig farmer.  She was dressed in a bandana, overalls, and braids, and she carried around this little stuffed pig that she doted on all day.  She checks books out at the library about pigs.  She talks about them all the time.  She loves them. I had the kids write a sentence explaining what they wanted to be and why.  This little girl wrote, "When I grow up I want to be a pig farmer because I like bacon."  Didn't see that one coming.

I also need to share this gem of a moment.  (We haven't covered the "ou" sound yet, and to be fair, it's a tricky combination that makes 4 different sounds, so we can't be too hard on this kiddo.  She meant to say "teacher" and "teach."  I helped her fix it before we put it on the bulletin board :)   I love phonetic spelling so much.   If you can't read it, it says, "When I grow up I want to be a toucher because I want to touch kids."

 

1 comment:

  1. That's super cute. Reminds me of card from my niece around this age that said: "Thanks for the gift for my fucher." We had given money for her college account.

    ReplyDelete