Tuesday, March 28, 2017

February 26, 2017: Busted Toe

Tonight we watched the Academy Awards.  That experience could be an entire post in itself.  I used to love movies and after moving to Kodiak, it's hard to keep up.  While I know nothing or care at all about the lives of actual famous people, I still love watching the Academy Awards.   The days of watching every single nominated Best Picture film may be over, but I still can't wait to see who wins. 

All this to say, I was in the bathroom during a commercial break.  I rushed out to see who was presenting the next award, and I ran straight into the side of this train set.  I basically kicked the plywood that the train was set on.  It doesn't look like much, but that bugger hurt.  I could tell it wasn't broken, but I limped around for a week, took as much tylenol and ibuprofen that was allowable, and had to wear sandals at work for a couple days because it didn't fit in my shoes very well.  I swear, I'm not usually a baby.  This one was a doozie, and I didn't even have a good battle scar to prove it.   


Here's what it looks like a couple weeks later.  Still not anything to be dramatic about, but I don't whine about many things, so let me have my moment and pray that nothing actually harmful ever happens to me, because I doubt I'd survive it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment