Sunday, February 5, 2017

January 28, 2017: Old Ladies Love Chinese New Year...

Alanna loves to crochet.  As do ALL OF MY FRIENDS here.  Anytime I hang out with people, almost all the women have yarn projects going on.  Beautiful, lovely yarn projects.  

I do not.  

Alanna decided she wanted to get some women together for a night of hanging out and crocheting and knitting.  She wanted to call it an "Old lady party."  I did a puzzle in the corner.  Which is still old lady-esque.

This party also fell on the Chinese New Year, so Alanna made us an amazing feast!  Her mom even sent me a red envelope with money inside :)  

Old lady Chinese New Year night was wonderful.  We had a dozen women over from church, Alanna's work, and the neighborhood.  I always love when we get a chance to mix friend groups together.  While I felt a little self conscious that I was less of a woman than most of my friends, it wasn't enough to make me want to pick up the skill.  I'm comfortable with being one of the most undomesticated women I know :)




1 comment:

  1. Your great grandma Etta was a knitter. But also a scrabble player and puzzle creator. Also an elementary school teacher. Believe me, she would be the #1 fan if your blog. I can hear her giggling over it right now!

    ReplyDelete