Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September 5, 2016: day off!!

Happy Labor Day! We have such a short school year in Kodiak that we don't get many of the federal holidays off (which I am not complaining about.  I love getting out at the end of May!) We do get Labor Day off, which is so nice! The beginning of the school year is CRAZY so it's so helpful to have a long weekend right after the first week to rest up, (I slept for 13 hours on Friday), get caught up, and go have fun with friends.  I spent the morning with Kayla hiking Termination.  That's where this picture came from.  Termination itself is not my favorite hike to do, but the views are my favorite on the island.  I just love coming through mossy, enchanted looking forests onto beautiful beaches with mountains in the background.  I get really sappy when I hike out here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment