Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 18, 2016: getting real

This was the last day of the women's retreat.  While I really enjoyed meeting new women and hanging out with the awesome ones I already knew, this was a  tough weekend for me.  I've been feeling a bit on the depressed side the last week or so, and I didn't do much to take care of myself during the week.  By the time this weekend came, I was in full depression mode, and I usually need lots of alone time to process, pray, cry the ugly cries and feel the necessary feels to get me out of it.  Not easy to do on a weekend trip with a bunch of other women.  So I was just moody.  And when I get moody, I get all sad and poetic and slightly overdramatic.  We had an hour or so of free time and I decided to walk along the beach by myself.  I kept running into these stranded jellies that had washed ashore during low tide.  Being in a delicate state of mind, I literally cried for these jellyfish that were all alone, separated from their friends; they seemed so frail and helpless.  I am fully aware of how ridiculous this is.  Welcome to my mind when I'm not feeling my best. 
I kept walking and I ran into more jellies that were still in the ocean.  I wanted to frantically yell at them and tell them to swim their little bodies further into the ocean so they wouldn't get stuck on shore.  I didn't though, because even in my delicate state of mind, I refuse to go into the full realm of crazy.  A little later in the day, as we were all boarding the boats to head back to Kodiak, I saw my friends Kinsey and Shannon walking along this same beach and throwing something big and squishy back into the ocean.  I didn't ask them what it was, but I am fairly certain it was a jelly fish, and that makes me smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment