Wednesday, September 14, 2016

September 14, 2016: What. The. Heck.

This is the water bottle that nearly killed me. 

Ok, that's a little dramatic, but I hope you are ready for a really bizarre story.  This morning, I pulled into the school parking lot and realized I had never filled up my big water bottle I use every day.  I don't love the water at the school, so I was relieved when I remembered I had some random water bottles floating around my car.  I was pretty sure they were left over from the Eco Challenge, so I decided to fill my bottle up with a couple of those.  I grabbed a couple bottles and opened up the back of my car so I could make the transfer. After opening the bottles and dumping them in, I smelled a really strong scent of gasoline.  Our school is right next door to the fire department, and I saw a couple guys milling around outside, so I assumed that they had fueled up a truck, or maybe were in the process of spray painting something, so I didn't think much of it.  When I went inside, I saw Michele and asked her if she smelled the gas outside.  She said she hadn't.  Still, I didn't think much of it.   I ate my breakfast and got ready for the day.  After a few minutes though, the outside corners of my mouth were tingling and starting to feel numb.  I felt like I could still faintly smell gas.  I was a little nervous I was going crazy.  

About an hour into the school day, after finishing my chai tea, I reached for my water bottle and took a big swig from the straw.  It was totally filled with gasoline!! I ran into Michele's room, (while totally still having an eye on my kids) and made her smell it, just so I knew I wasn't crazy. She confirmed, it was definitely gasoline. 

During lunch I walked outside to see where it came from.  I found one of the water bottles I used to fill my bottle up.  It totally smelled like gas.  The only thing I can figure is that someone put a gas filled Dasani bottle in my car when I wasn't there.  Who does that??!!  The nasty note guy? (See Monday's post if you haven't read it already).  I know I don't always lock my doors, so at some point someone placed it in my car.  I'm a little freaked out by that.  It seems pretty malicious.  We have lots of people on drugs and lots of riffraff running around Kodiak.  Still.  Gas water bottle is pretty low. 

Side note: swallowing gasoline makes you belch huge, nasty, gasoline tasting burps.  Grossest sensation of my life.  Thank the Lord for flavorful chicken taco bowls to mask the burp flavor.  

1 comment:

  1. What on earth?! I'm so glad you didn't drink any more! Who thinks of doing that? Weirdos.

    ReplyDelete