Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 5, 2016: happy birthday, Alanna!

Alanna's birthday was today! To celebrate, we went to a ballroom dancing class.  I struggle to clap and sing at church at the same time, so I knew this was going to be a struggle for me.  It was actually a lot of fun! I had very gracious dance partners who were able to help and laugh with me, which made it a really enjoyable experience.  I wish I would have taken a picture there, but I didn't, so instead you get one of us right before we unwrapped my new mattress.  I'm telling you, never a dull moment in this apartment!  I am very thankful for Alanna.  I met her my second (?) week in Kodiak on a guided hike through the Audubond Society.  I actually asked her flat out if she would be my friend, and I am so thankful she agreed.  She is such a thoughtful, kind, adventurous person.  She finds so much joy in everyday life.  She thinks deeply about life and faith and challenges me to do the same.  She is one of the reasons I have loved Kodiak so much.  And now she lives across the hallway from me!   Happy birthday, Alanna!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment