Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 15, 2016: sick day #2

I still felt awful last night, so I took another day off today.  I figured that I had perfect attendance the entire school year, so I might as well make sure I was really back to health before jumping into returning.  Today I felt so much better than yesterday.  I still spent a lot of time laying around, sleeping, and coughing up my lungs, but I ate some real food! By the evening, I was feeling so cooped up that I needed fresh air.  My mom and I took a short walk to the beach and we're excited to see that it was low tide!  We did some impromptu tidepooling and found some really awesome creatures.  I hadn't been tidepooling here yet, but my class is going in May for a field trip.  I learned today that things that look like rocks might actually be squishy worm things so don't touch them, little fish can swim perfectly fine in a good inch or so of water, if you put your very expensive camera down on a rock, pay attention to where you left it, and that I scream like a little girl when I am touched unexpectedly by a sea creature.  My body was more than exhausted when we walked back to the car but grateful for getting out of the house for a few minutes!  These few minutes were really good for my body and my spirits :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment