Wednesday, April 6, 2016

April 4, 2016: officially a pansy

Let me start with the background story on this one: 
Thursday I went for a run with my friend Stephanie on Near Island.  While running, we came across a nearly flooded path, so we detoured to the beach.  Beaches here are mostly covered in huge rocks and slimy weird stuff from the ocean, so of course I fell on a boulder and hit the back of my leg pretty hard.  Saturday, I could swear I was getting a huge bruise on the back of my leg.  While playing games on Saturday night I tried to show both Kyle and my friend Titus how big my bruise was.  Neither of them were even remotely impressed and I was a little irritated.  It feels huge and I am sure in time it's going to be massive.  Like battle scar huge.  People will reel back in horror when they see it, or high five me because I am a champ for surviving such a nasty fall and having the mark to prove it.  

Today at school one of my kiddos showed me this bruise on her leg, and it totally puts my stupid, puny bruise to shame!! This girl happens to also be the coolest, most tom-boyish girl ever.  She wrestles, hunts, fishes, hikes, and once I caught her cleaning a dry erase board with her spit.  She's awesome and pretty tough.  I am instantly jealous of her bruise and feel like the worlds biggest fool for even thinking that mine should have been shown to anyone. 

Here is my bruise.  The lighting is bad.  I swear, there is something there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment