Sunday, September 9, 2012

August 30, 2012: Most disgustingly freakish creature I have ever seen


Before you read on, know that I am not usually afraid of bugs.

But this guy was NASTY!  When I saw it run across the carpet, I thought for sure it was a mouse.  I screamed, Katie jumped away, and Ryan flew onto the couch.  Kate and I cornered it but it took me a good minute to conjure up the guts to smash it.  House centipedes are known for their speed.  They tend to run toward their attacker in an attempt to hide from their line of view.  

I  finally threw a shoe at this one and got him.  I nearly pulled my leg muscle from the disgusted convulsions my body went into afterward.  

1 comment:

  1. I love bug stories! ;) Next time try tossing a giant book on it and leaving for a day or two to see if it lives!
    ~marcie

    ReplyDelete