Wednesday, March 27, 2019

February 28, 2019: Mystery Reader



The second grade class at Peterson Elementary (in Kodiak) is celebrating Dr. Seuss Week, and they needed a mystery reader to read one of his books to the class.  Their teacher, Erica, asked me if I minded skyping the class and being today’s mystery reader. She wouldn’t tell the kids who was reading ahead of time. I would have done it either way, but I was extra excited because these are the kids I had last year in my class.   I was pumped to see them, so I donned my disguise and called them up. I didn’t say a word, but as soon as they saw me on the screen, they knew right away it was me. I was initially offended. The only thing you can see is my nose! I knew it was a little distinguished looking (thanks, Dad), but I didn’t think it was THAT much of a give away!  I’m choosing to believe the kids immediately recognized my black winter hat. Being Kodiak, I did wear it 85% of the school year. Either way, It was an absolute joy to see my kids again. They had lots of questions for me, mostly about whether I had been in a pyramid or seen a mummy (yes and yes, though not at the same time). It was so good to see those smiling faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment