Wednesday, March 27, 2019

February 27, 2019: Boo Boo Butt


Noor and I needed a little time away from campus, so we headed to the Greek Club for some fantastic food with a view.  This is easily one of my favorite spots in Alexandria. I love the boats. I love that the restaurant serves wine. And the calamari is pretty good too.  Tonight the company was just what I needed. When I was first hired, my principal told me I’d be working with a girl named Noor, and that she was “my sister from another lifetime.”  Apparently after my principal hired me, she ran to get Noor from her classroom so that she could tell her the same thing about me. No pressure for us to like one another. :) After spending time with Noor, it’s clear our principal was right. We became fast friends.  She is the same kind of dorky that I am. I love her.

The other day, I read a book to my class called “The Book with no Pictures,” by BJ Novak.  It’s hilarious. If you haven’t read it, and you have school aged children, check it out from the library.  Your kids will love it. The whole idea of the book is that the adult reading the book HAS to say everything that is written on the page.  No matter what. And the kids think this idea is hilarious. There are pages that say things like “I am a big monkey with a big monkey mouth” and then the kids die laughing.  One page says, “My only friend in the whole wide world is a hippo named Boo Boo Butt.” (more laughing). After I read the book to my class, the kids were joking that they were going to call me Boo Boo Butt from now on.  I told them they couldn’t, because the book clearly didn’t say that my name was Boo Boo Butt, but that my only friend in the whole world was Boo Boo Butt. (You like the textual evidence conversations I have with my first graders??)  One kid thought about that for a while then finally bursted out, “OHHHH! So Ms. NOOR is Boo Boo Butt.”  To which I replied, “yes, yes she is.”

Very happy to have found a fantastic Boo Boo Butt here.

No comments:

Post a Comment