Thursday, December 1, 2016

November 27, 2016: I AM CHUCKING IT!

I am dog sitting Raylan while my friend Catie has her baby!  She is Meg and Kyle's next door neighbor which works out well when I need a dog walking buddy.  We taught Arthur how to use the Chuckit today, and it was hilarious.  I think we got hit with the ball more times than we needed to, and he kept yelling, "I am CHUCKING it."  I have been dreaming about getting a dog for the last couple of years, and more so the past few months.  I don't know where I am headed after Kodiak, or how long I plan to be here, so I am not sure that getting a dog is the most responsible decision.  But I don't want to keep putting it off "just in case" and miss out on so much joy in the mean time.   I have been thinking more about being open to teaching overseas when I leave Kodiak, and I'm not sure that bring a pooch with me is going to be possible.  But I know of a sister or two that would be willing to help me out if that became the case.  :)

Did I just officially decide to get a dog? 

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who's lived on a couple of continents and brought her dogs with her. I don't think it's cheap, but if you ever needed an insider's perspective, I'd be happy to hook you up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely be interested in contacting her :) The uncertain future is the only thing keeping me from rescuing a little pup!

    ReplyDelete