Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 3, 2016: windy kayak trip

It's been colder and windier here, so I haven't taken the kayak out for a while.  Steph and I were planning to go yesterday, but there was an insane rainstorm, so we headed out today instead.  It didn't feel that windy throughout the day, but when we got out in the boat, the waters were rough!!  There were some pretty intense waves and we definitely got wet! My arms got an intense workout, and poor Steph lifted weights the day before so she was pretty exhausted.  We gave some float pilots a pretty awesome show when it was time for us to lift the kayak back onto my car.  Absolutely exhausted, it took everything we had to get this beast of a boat over our heads and onto the rack.  At one point I had tried lifting it on my back and was just pinned down by it, laughing hysterically, unable to move.  Adventures.  All the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment