Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 15, 2016: huge moon

I wish my phone could do the moon justice tonight.  It was the biggest, most beautiful moon I had ever seen.  I was on my way home tonight and actually took a detour to go gaze at it.  Gorgeous!  A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had been really emotional for a while.   I have been feeling a lot better lately,  but tonight when I saw the moon, I just started sobbing.  Alone in my car, in the dark, at the beach.  For no reason other than the moon was so beautiful.  Maybe I was feeling far away from friends and family.  Or from God.  Or both.  Or I felt relieved that I hadn't cried like that in a while.  I usually hate the moments when I am upset with no actual reason, but tonight felt different.  It was a good cry.  A more poetic cry? I'm totally stretching- I'm sure it was still awkward for the poor woman who pulled up next to my car and witnessed the whole thing.  

1 comment:

  1. Crying at beauty and grandeur in nature is in your genes, dear. 😉

    ReplyDelete