Sunday, October 16, 2016

October 10, 2016: withdrawals

Starbucks is closed.  Our Starbucks is inside Safeway, and our entire Safeway has been in the process of being remodeled. It was inevitable that Starbucks was next.  I never anticipated that it would be closed for THREE WEEKS!  I was never a coffee shop goer until I moved to Kodiak.  I became hooked on iced chai tea lattes.  Last year I started going to Starbucks once a week.  By the beginning of this school year, I was going 4 days a week.  I can't stop.  For the first time in my life, the Starbucks people know me.  They call me Amanda instead of Mandy, but I let it slide.  I'm pretty sure the McDonalds people know me too,  but that's another story.  After I saw that Starbucks would be closed for a while, I decided this could save me some money, so I have been mixing my own happiness each morning.  It's not even remotely close to being as good as the real thing, but I get to use this cute cup a student gave me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment