Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 4, 2016: blessings

It's late, and I didn't take a picture today.  So here I am, in bed, reading. My Bible study group has been studying the Holy Spirit, so I have been reading through Acts.  I don't usually give anything up for lent, and if I do, it's usually soda, but this year I actually felt like God was asking me to be more intentional with my time and with my walk.  So I gave up watching TV by myself.  I am still letting myself watch TV with other people, but I am not allowing myself to come home and lay in front of the TV for hours like I usually do.  Instead, I am trying to read the Word, pray, spend time with people, etc.  This season of Lent has been really amazing thus far.  God has been teaching and stretching me a lot.  I was really, really worried about leaving my community behind when I moved here.  I miss them tremendously, but God has really been showing me how much I relied on them to grow in my faith.  I absolutely believe that community is crucial.  My community throughout college and in Chicago has challenged, supported, and encouraged me in ways I can't even explain. And God has provided some extraordinary friends here who have challenged and encouraged me, but I am grateful that He has grown me in ways that I don't think He could have (or more like I wouldn't have let Him?) if I had stayed in Chicago and not moved to a place where I knew so few people.  I am thankful that God is all we need, but He chooses to bless us with one another.  He's pretty amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment