Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016: training begins tomorrow

I just signed up for the Ludington Lakestride! It's a half marathon in my hometown that goes through the Ludington State Park (my favorite place on earth thus far) and along the Lake Michigan shoreline.  It's beautiful, and multiple people in my family run it each year.  I wasn't sold on the idea of going to Michigan this early (June 11) but then I heard that the ice cream shop in Ludington, House of Flavors, is trying to break the world record for the longest ice cream sundae.  It's going to be a half mile long and 6,000 people are going to be eating it.  So naturally, that was the final push to get me to buy my plane ticket back home for part of the summer.  I officially registered for the half marathon and then checked out some training schedules.  Hal Higdon says I need to start... Tomorrow.  Good thing the weather this week is going to cooperate...

No comments:

Post a Comment