Sunday, March 27, 2016

March 24, 2016: three awesomes

Today was such a good day! So many great things happened and at the end of the day I realized I didn't take a picture of a single thing. And I am ok with that.  Sometimes I am enjoying the moment too much to stop and pull my camera out.  And on days like that, I can just doodle the highlights, and my artistic ability is so advanced that it basically looks like the real thing.   Top three moments of today: 
1.  At lunch today I learned that Michele knows how to ride a unicycle.  And she has a couple at her house.  And she and her husband Cory are going to teach me how to ride it on Easter!!!  Riding a unicycle has been one of my life goals for a while.  I can't wait!! 
2.  My friend flies planes here and today he took me along on a flight to one of the villages! It was amazing! The view of the island from a small plane is unbeatable, especially when you have a great pilot who can tell you the name of each bay, pass, and mountain we flew over.  This was one of my favorite things I have gotten to do in Kodiak.  :). 
3.  After the flight, we headed to our Bible study.  Since it was a gorgeous day, we met outside around a campfire.  I really appreciate the friends I have made in this Bible Study group.  They are great people, and I am continually challenged by them. Sitting around the fire, laughing, discussing Martin Luther, and eating marshmallows was unbeatable.  

So, yeah.  A really good day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment