Wednesday, March 16, 2016

March 13, 2016: Spring Break! (Woo!Yeah!)

I took Raylan up Old Woman today.  While we were hiking, we ran into a group of guys who are here for 4 weeks on vacation. They chose Kodiak because they heard the mountains here are beautiful.  I sometimes forget that I live in a place that is a vacation destination for other people.  And it got me really excited about this spring break.  I get to rest on my staycation but I am surrounded by adventurous possibilities if I want them (which obviously I do).  I can sleep til 9 and lounge around and not feel like I have to cram a bunch in like I do when I go places on vacation.  And when I feel like it, I can get out and explore parts of the island that I haven't seen yet- or revisit places I have been already and see what they look like blanketed in snow.  I am so grateful that the weather has been cooperating so far, and that I have time to rest, reflect, spend with friends, and explore.  It's going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment