Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015: Jar of Happiness

Katie rallied all of my friends before I left and they made me little notecards of encouragement and memories and stick them in a jar. I don't pull one out everyday because I am trying to make them last as long as possible. I pulled two out today though, and was so encouraged! 
Zephaniah 3:17 is one of my absolute favorites. It says, "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by His love; He will exult over you with loud singing."

What an awesome God who despite our flaws, our insecurities, our limited perspective of life, our grumblings, and our selfishness, cares for us that much. 

2 comments:

  1. This verse was given to me in the midst of a deep depression a decade or so ago - God's love quieting the voices inside that said I was worthless and unlovable. It's been a favorite of mine ever since. Love you, Mandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the first one I think to share because it has always meant so much to me. God is powerful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete