Monday, October 12, 2015

October 11, 2015: The family that eats McDonald's together...

Stays together. 

That's where we are. McDonald's drive thru. I am trying to limit my McDonalds intake to twice a week or less. But some days, you just need it. 

Today was one of those days. Today was hard. I was more homesick than I have ever been here.  I am not regretting my decision to move here in the slightest, I think I just had a day where I really missed my friends, familiarity, comfort, tradition, chipotle.  I cried like 37 times today. In the pews at church, in the bathrooms at church, in the drive thru (seconds after taking this picture), in Meg's kitchen, in Meg's bathroom, on my way home. It was exhausting! But felt good to just get it all out. I am not writing this in any way to get sympathy, I just feel like my blog has been full of fun and adventure, but I want it to be transparent too.  While I am loving aspects of being here, it's been really hard too.  I realized today how much I have been neglecting to spend time in prayer and in the Word. I have been focusing on finding new friends and building my community here, but haven't spent any time deepening my relationship with God. I am depending on people more than I am depending on Him.  It was a good wake up call. A hard one, but a good one. 

Even so, if anyone wants to come visit, I won't turn you down :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment