Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 6: I don't think we're in Chicago anymore...

It's Monday!  Our first official day in Kodiak.  It's raining and cloudy.  We are staying in a hotel room with one bed.  One.  I bunked on the floor on my camping mattress.  Kyle went to work while Meg and I took Arthur to a play room for the morning.  For lunch, Kyle met back up with us and we went to a local restaurant for lunch.  The first place we tried was closed (duh.. it's Monday).  The second place we went to, we walked in and the lady told us "Since it's Monday we don't have a menu.  Just pizza, wings, and chowder today."  We got pizza and wings, settled down to eat, and were then greeted by a huge dog who was just hanging out in the bar.  He walked over and started licking Arthur.  Definitely not in Chicago anymore  :)  But I kind of love this overly relaxed atmosphere.  I have worn the same leggings for I don't even know how many days in a row, and I don't feel self conscious about it.  I think Alaska and I will do just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment