Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 11, 2019: If I have to...


I've learned that when you come to Egypt, there are three different pictures you are expected to take:
1. Kiss the Sphynx
2. Grab the top of the Pyramids
3. Be on a camel with the Pyramids in the background.  Preferably with your hands in the air.

I'm not kidding you, the people who offer to take your pictures insist that you pose for all three of these shots.  I have ABSOLUTELY nothing against any of these poses, but for some reason, early on, for no reason whatsoever, I made it my own personal goal to make it through my time in Egypt and not do any of them.  I choose very stupid and random things to be stubborn about. 

But come on, a camel in front of the pyramids is pretty sweet.  So here I am, breaking a personal goal.  Two out of three isn't too bad.  I mean...my hands aren't in the air. (They're tightly clutching the saddle.  This was not the most stable or complacent camel, and I wasn't taking any chances).  So maybe the photo doesn't count.

No comments:

Post a Comment