Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 10, 2019: one small proud moment


I took the train for the first time from Alexandria to Cairo.  My family has been in Cairo while I came back to school in Alex, so I decided to go hang out with them this weekend before they left for good.  Our school driver took me to the station and offered to go inside with me and help me find my train and my seat.  I told him I was sure I could make it, so I ventured through the station by myself.  I got lost a few times, and had quite a few strangers point me in the right direction.  BUT... once I got on the right platform, I navigated to the correct train, just by reading the Arabic numbers.  I took a picture of the screen, and the numbers at the top are the train numbers.  Mine was train 928.  Of course, once I sat down I noticed that if you wait long enough, the screens change to English, but by that time I had already found my seat and was feeling quite accomplished, thank you very much.

We won't talk about how once I got off the train, I got terribly lost in Cairo and spent 30 minutes wandering around the streets at 11pm searching for my hotel.  Can't be awesome all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment