Monday, April 24, 2017

March 17, 2017: We finally got our leis!

There was a small part of me that wanted a lei at some point during our vacation.  I had heard that we would get one when we got off our plane.  That was a lie.  Then I was told we'd get one at the luau.  Also a lie.   Today, we flew from Kauai to Oahu.  One of my dad's good friends, Bob, lives in Honolulu, so he offered to take us to dinner and teach us a little about the island.  He met us at the airport and greeted us with fresh leis!  He also took us to an incredible dinner on the beach and taught us all about the island.  This man is a wealth of knowledge.  We also got to hear deer camp stories about our dad and grandpa, which were hilarious!  Meagan and I worked at the retirement home where Bob's dad lived, and we loved Al.  Tonight Bob shared stories about his dad with us as well.  I'm so glad we got a chance to meet up with him.  It was one of my favorite parts of vacation!

Also, we forgot to take a picture with him, and we didn't think about it until we were back at the apartment we were renting.  Inside the apartment was a mural that we kind of laughed at, so we decided if we couldn't take a picture in front of the ocean, the mural was the next best thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment