Sunday, April 23, 2017

March 16, 2017: Waimea Canyon

The best part of Kauai?  Hanging out with Jesse.  I was beyond thankful for my sister time this week.  I love Kodiak, but it has been hard being away from her this much these past 2 years.  It was great to have some solid vacation time.  We did get to talking though, and we realized that Jesse has had two panic attacks in her adult life and both of them were when she was on an adventure with me (one of them was yesterday when she lost her glasses while swimming under the waterfall).  The other one was when I brought her up a mountain in Kodiak.  She keeps coming back for more, so I can't be that bad.  :)


Today we drove to the southern end of the island, bummed around on a beach all morning, then drove to Waimea Canyon.  Like everything else in Kauai, it was breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment