Sunday, April 23, 2017

March 11, 2017: She knows me so well...

HAPPY SPRING BREAK!!  Tomorrow I am off to Kauai!  Jen has been student teaching in my classroom since January, and when we get back from spring break, she takes over 100%.  She bought me this package of oreos so that when we return, I can put my feet up, relax, and snack while she does all the work!   Have I mentioned before that I really like her?  She has done a phenomenal job so far, and I have grown as a teacher having her in my room too.   I am really looking forward to working alongside her for her remaining 5 weeks!  Especially when I get lemon oreos as part of the deal!

I do have to say though, that I am slightly worried that I am setting a bad example in the classroom when it comes to my eating habits.  My kids all know that macaroni and cheese is my favorite meal.  I am fairly certain they have noticed that I nurse a sprite during the entire afternoon.  And the other day, I heard them having this conversation:

Student 1: When I am a pig farmer, I will make a lot of bacon. 
Student 2:  I love bacon!
Student 3:  Me too!
Student 1:  I think everyone loves bacon. 
Student 3: Do you think Ms. Kistler likes bacon? 
Student 2:  I don't know, but I know she likes donuts!
Student 1:  Oh yeah, she definitely likes donuts.  She eats those all the time. 

Which is not entirely true!  I eat them maybe once or twice a week for breakfast.  I have been known to sneak into the closet during snack time for two seconds at a time and try to eat a bite or two if I didn't get a chance to finish it before the kids came into the classroom in the morning.  And I have been caught on multiple occasions doing this, so it makes sense that I would be known for my donut love. :) 

I can't help that I love what I love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment