Sunday, January 24, 2016

January 24, 2016: Surviving Alaska.

Last night there was an earthquake of a  7.1 magnitude.  I woke up literally bouncing around in my bed. I have been having weird dreams lately, so I thought this was another dream and I went back to sleep. I woke up to people texting or Facebook messaging me asking if I was ok because they had heard of an earthquake in Alaska.  Then I realized what all the shaking was! There was no damage here, nobody was hurt.  I saw someone post a meme on Facebook with a picture of a plastic lawn table with 2 plastic lawn chairs. One of the chairs was toppled over. It said," We will rebuild."  Made me laugh.  I survived my first earthquake!   
I am struggling to survive in this darkness! I feel the short days the most on weekend mornings. It still doesn't get light until around 9:00, so I just want to sleep all morning! I took this picture at 8:30, as I was heading out for a run. My house is far from any street lights and in prime bear county so I have to be extra careful when leaving my house on foot in the mornings. I had my headlamp on, my bright orange running jacket, and my reflective vest. Nothing was going to take this girl out this morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment