Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 2, 2013: 7


My small group is currently reading the book 7 by Jen Hatmaker.  If you have not read it, I highly encourage you to.  It is about a woman who wanted to simplify her life after she realized that she was living "richer" than 90% of the world's population and taking most of it for granted.  Each month she chooses a different area of her life that she puts too much stock in, and she then fasts from that area so she can focus more on the one thing that actually has the power to satisfy:  God.  

Our small group has decided to take each area and fast for a week rather than a month.  This week we focus on clothing and choose 7 items we will wear and rewear the entire week.  My seven are:  
1 pair of dress pants
1 pair of sweat pants
1 striped t-shirt
1 white dress shirt
1 black dress
1 work out shirt
1 pair of workout pants

Underwear or shoes don't count and I am allowed a jacket or sweatshirt if the weather gets cold.  No jewelry or accessories.  We will see if any of my students notice I am repeating outfits over and over again :)

After making my decision, I realized tonight that I didn't really give myself anything to wear at night unless I want to wear my tshirt over and over during the day to bed.  I think that's a little gross, so I decided today to wrap myself in my snuggie to preserve my t-shirt longer between washes.  If I belt my snuggie, it works pretty well!

1 comment:

  1. funny...even with a closet full of clothes, I reach for the same things on a weekly basis to wear to work. only one pair of shoes to work tho. one pair of shoes for the past two years. I will be sad when they wear out.

    ReplyDelete