Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 12, 2013: Long(ish) run


Last week I downloaded the Nike running app for my phone.  It is AWESOME.  It has a little voice that announces how far you have run, your time, and your average pace.  It has turned me into a somewhat competitive person.  I have run three times since getting it, and I am DYING at the end of each run, sprinting to my house in hopes of crushing my last run time.  

Today, I decided to go for a longer run, but was hoping to stay close to my same pace.   Meg and Artie face timed me in the middle of the run, and I forgot to pause my running lap while I stood still and talked with them.  Once I got going again, the little voice on the app announced to me that my average pace was a 16:30.  I was so far off, I decided it was no use trying to make the time up, so I stopped multiple times during the rest of the run and took pictures of my city.  This one was my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment