Tuesday, April 2, 2013

March 28, 2013: Snuggles


Living 930 miles away from your nephew is really hard!  This is my last day with Artie before I fly home.  I won't see him again until probably June.  I don't want to stop snuggling with him because by the time I see him again he might not remember me.  I loved being able to actually kiss his spit bubbly face instead of just wave to him from behind the ipad screen.  It was nice knowing for a couple days he knew I was a real person and not just a rectangular robot head.  I like to believe he could feel how much I love him every I snuggled him, made him laugh, and talked with him.  I am forcing myself to believe that somewhere inside babies can hide that away and bring it back the next time they see the people who love them, even if it is not for a few months.  I know that so many people go through this, and even more people have it worse than I do.    I am blessed to be in a place where I can see him as much as I do, blessed to have a good relationship with my family, blessed to know my little man at all.  I am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment