Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 2, 2013: precious moments


New Year's day I drove to Alma and visited Emily and Leyla!  Derek has just been deployed to Afghanistan again, so Em is spending a little time with her parents while she is still on maternity leave.   I give major props to Em, because being a mom seems like incredibly tough work.  She is so strong!  One of my favorite parts of spending time with this little family was story time.  Em and I read Leyla a couple of books before her naps.  The best part though was when Em played an iPod recording of Derek reading a story.  Em turned the pages quietly as Leyla looked at the pages and heard daddy reading.  

I turned my head into the bed and pretended to snooze but instead squeezed out a few tears.  How sweet is that moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment