Tuesday, January 8, 2013

December 28, 2012: Shrimpy little family


One of my students gave me this ecosphere for Christmas.  I LOVE IT!  It is entirely self sustaining.  Inside are three shrimp that feed on algae.  All we have to do is make sure the sphere gets the right amount of warmth and light throughout the day.  I am keeping it in the classroom as our class pets.  The students nominated and voted on names.  They decided on Mordecai, Striker, MJ, and Jessica.  If you didn't know already, my students are weirdos.

I couldn't risk leaving the shrimp at school or in my empty apartment with the lights off and heat turned down, so I brought them with me to Michigan.  Grandma and Grandpa were already dog watching Sadie for my parents, so they agreed to keep an eye on my fishy foursome as well.  I think Grandpa loved it.  He swore that they all grew by the time I picked them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment