Saturday, November 7, 2015

November 4, 2015: #livemore failure

Today's #livemore challenge was to read in a coffee shop. Here was a bit of a challenge: I was planning to go directly from work to Meg and Kyle's to hang out for dinner and the evening. They live really close to my work. The coffee shops on the island are on the other side of town and it didn't make sense to drive all the way there just to come all the way back. (Side note: before I moved here people on the island would talk about the hassle of driving 15 mins from one part of town to the next, and I laughed at them behind their backs. I was coming from Chicago, the land of long commutes.  However, it didn't take long for me to become adjusted to the short commute times here and now I complain if I have to make the "long trip" from base to town).  I was going to just scrap the whole coffee shop challenge but then remembered hearing about a coffee shop at the airport, convienently located between my work and Meg's house. Perfect! I would just read there for 30 mins before heading to dinner. I got there, and saw that the coffee shop is attached to one of the airline offices, and it has 1 small table in the shop and a couple couches in the waiting area of the airline. Seemed a little too awkward to just sip and read next to people who were waiting for their in-island flights, so I just grabbed my hot cider and left. This was my second livemore challenge I failed! And it won't be the last. Saturday I am supposed to take a bath. I have no tub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment