Friday, July 15, 2016

June 15, 2016: Chicago love

Being back in Chicago for vacation has been so good.  Visits to school, watching Tigers play the Sox, lunch dates with friends, and reading in the park.  And Target.  I have most definitely missed things about my previous home.  As much as I missed this place, I feel really peaceful about not being back for good.  Chicago gave me 9 really good years where I learned valuable lessons about myself, the Lord, humanity, relationships, forgiveness, patience, humility, love.  And a little bit about having fun. :)

I rode the el today on my way back from Katie's house. Today's ride was more peaceful than yesterday's (a guy and girl got in a huge screaming fight and began threatening to kill one another), so it was a good time to reflect on my time in the city.  I am not a city girl, but I will always love this place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment