Sunday, September 6, 2015

August 29, 2015: signs of fall

After working all day in my classroom (with the help of my amazing sister, Meagan, I finally was able to get over to the brewery tonight and celebrate with another teacher! Then I allowed myself to go to Meg and Kyle's and play games without thinking of work. It was needed! They have been so supportive as I have been getting ready for school. They brought me lunch today and have been feeding me dinner most nights. Best family ever.  On my way home tonight after a game of... I actually don't know what it was called. It was a LOTR card game of some sort, I realized I never took a picture today. So, this is what it looks like on my way home at night now. This is my road. After acclimating to 9 years of city driving, where the street lights make the dead of night look like noon, this crazy dark Alaksan wilderness is scary. Plus, there are bears lurking in my neighborhood. I actually sprint from my car to my front door every night. 


That picture is with my brights on. What happened to the midnight sun?? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment